Within our young, dynamic and international team we are looking for a new colleague for carefully recording and for treating the soil and feed samples.
SoilCares Research BV wants to contribute to global and sustainable agricultural production. It delivers soil fertilization advice based on measurements at our own Golden/Global Standard Lab (GSL). Animal feed and leaves are tested as well. Based on measurements farmers and growers are advised to take their agricultural activities. SoilCares Research is a young international company and part of Dutch Sprouts. The company is based in Wageningen and the research team currently provides work to 12 researchers and 11 laboratory technicians / analysts. The developed products and recommendations are marketed through SoilCares to market.
SoilCares Research has launched its own calibration / validation laboratory in 2014. Here, the chemical, physical and biological characteristics of worldwide collected samples of soil and feed are mapped in detail using standard analysis methods. Furthermore, measurements of these samples with non-destructive sensors (NIR, MIR and XRF) are performed. The data is used to derive prediction models that can be performed on-site soil and animal feed research.
The calibration / validation laboratory consists of two parts. In one part the sample registration and sample preparation takes place. In the second part, the samples are further analysed according to regulations / specifications and analysis assessed and processed. Monitoring and ensuring the quality of the analysis has a very high priority to meet the standards of the GSL
The analyst ICP-MS (40 hours per week) is responsible for the following tasks:
- Determine samples using the ICP-MS
- Process the pre-treatment of/editing sample materials of soil and feed
- Analyse soil and feed samples, also with XRF and IR techniques
- Troubleshooting ICP-MS
- Report process-related disturbances / disorders
- Work with LIMS (processing data)
- Set up validation procedures and write reports
- Education: at least a bachelor (e.g. HLO) analytical chemistry, or comparable chemical background
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with ICP-MS techniques
- Preference experience with XRF and /or IR techniques
- Experience in soil and QA/QC is preferred
- Experience with the setup of validation reports
- Experience in writing SOP’s
- Systematic, precise and meticulous approach
- Good up-to-date knowledge of the current and future developments
- Ability to work well independently, but also see team spirit as a high priority
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Responsible and can handle stress, is able to adapt easily in a growing company
- Good command of English, both spoken and written
- Comfortable to work in an international environment
- Flexible and willing to work on Saturday (sporadically)
Further information can be obtained from Leonne de Bruijn, Head of Laboratory.
Applications need to be send before Thursday, April 19th, 2018 via email with CV and cover letter to the attention of Sandra Johannink (HR Officer), via firstname.lastname@example.org.