Within our young, dynamic and international team we are looking for a new colleague for carefully recording and for treating the soil and feed samples.
SoilCares Research BV wants to contribute to global and sustainable agricultural production. It delivers soil fertilization advice based on measurements at our own Golden/Global Standard Lab (GSL). Animal feed and leaves are tested as well. Based on measurements farmers and growers are advised to take their agricultural activities. SoilCares Research is a young international company and part of Dutch Sprouts. The company is based in Wageningen and the research team currently provides work to 12 researchers and 11 laboratory technicians / analysts. The developed products and recommendations are marketed through SoilCares to market.
SoilCares Research has launched its own calibration / validation laboratory in 2014. Here, the chemical, physical and biological characteristics of worldwide collected samples of soil and feed are mapped in detail using standard analysis methods. Furthermore, measurements of these samples with non-destructive sensors (NIR, MIR and XRF) are performed. The data is used to derive prediction models that can be performed on-site soil and animal feed research.
The calibration / validation laboratory consists of two parts. In one part the sample registration and sample preparation takes place. In the second part, the samples are further analysed according to regulations / specifications and analysis assessed and processed. Monitoring and ensuring the quality of the analysis has a very high priority to meet the standards of the GSL.
The analyst ICP-MS (40 hours per week) is responsible for the following tasks:
- Analysis of samples using the ICP-MS;
- Troubleshooting ICP-MS;
- Use of LIMS for processing data;
- Developing/expanding QC policies;
- Sporadically executing validation, setting up new methods and writing reports.
What we are looking for:
- Education: at least a bachelor (e.g. HLO) analytical chemistry, or comparable chemical background;
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with ICP-MS techniques;
- Preference experience with analytical techniques;
- Experience in soil and QA/QC is preferred;
- Experience with writing SOP's and validation reports;
- Systematic, precise and meticulous approach;
- Good up-to-date knowledge of the current and future development;
- Ability to work well independently, but also see team spirit as a high priority;
- Good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Responsible and can handle stress, is able to adapt easily in a growing company;
- Good command of English, both spoken and written;
- Comfortable to work in an international environment.
Are you interested?
Further information can be obtained from Leonne de Bruijn (firstname.lastname@example.org), Head of Laboratory.
Applications need to be send before June 20th, 2018 via email email@example.com with CV and cover letter to the attention of Sandra Johannink (HR Officer).