Senior Research Analyst
Within our young, dynamic and international team we are looking for a new colleague for carefully recording and for treating the soil and feed samples.
SoilCares Research BV wants to contribute to global and sustainable agricultural production. It delivers fertilization advice based on measurements at our own lab GSL. Animal feed and leaves are tested as well. Based on measurements farmers and growers are advised to take their agricultural activities. SoilCares Research is a young international company and part of Dutch Sprouts. The company is based in Wageningen and the research team currently provides work to 12 researchers and 14 laboratory technicians / analysts. The developed products and advice are marketed through SoilCares to market.
SoilCares Research has launched its own calibration / validation laboratory in 2014. Here, the chemical, physical and biological characteristics of worldwide collected samples of soil and feed to be mapped in detail using standard analysis methods. Furthermore, measurements of these samples with non-destructive sensors (NIR, MIR and XRF) performed. The data are used to derive prediction models that can be performed on-site soil and animal feed research.
The calibration / validation laboratory consists of two parts. In one part the sample registration and sample preparation takes place. In the second part, the samples are further analysed according to regulations / specifications and analysis assessed and processed. Monitoring and ensuring the quality of the analysis here has a very high priority.
The senior research analyst performs (40 hours per week) the following tasks:
- Thoroughly understand the process on the Lab from acceptance of the samples until the analysis,
- Reporting process-related disturbances / disorders and further develop the QC policies/standards,
- Analysis of soil and feed samples include ICP-MS techniques,
- Familiarity with validation procedures and good report writing skills,
- Develop methods and analysis in close corporation with Research, manager Lab and colleagues,
- Support in the development of QC,
- Possibility to support trainings of our products/services (eg LIAB) abroad.
- Education: at least a bachelor (HLO) analytical chemistry, or comparable chemical background,
- Minimum of 10 years of experience with techniques such as ICP-MS (preference Ohlson techniques),
- Preference experience with XRF and /or IR techniques,
- Experience with discrete analysis is preferred,
- Experience with QC is preferred,
- Systematic, precise and meticulous approach,
- Good up to date knowledge of the current and future developments,
- Ability to work independently and in a team,
- Good communication and interpersonal skills,
- Responsible and can handle stress, is able to adapt easily in a growing company,
- Good command of English, both spoken and written,
- Comfortable to work in an international environment.
Further information can be obtained from Leonne de Bruijn, Head of Laboratory.
Applications need to be send before Thursday, February 15th, 2018 via email with CV and cover letter to the attention of Sandra Johannink (HR Officer), via email@example.com.