Team Manager with Agricultural Expertise
SoilCares, a Dutch organization in the Dutch Sprouts group, develops and markets new revolutionary solutions for Soil and Animal Feed testing based on spectral and remote sensing technology. We offer our products and services to agriholdings, input suppliers, outgrowers and retailers worldwide. SoilCares has a solid reputation of an innovative, highly skilled company and has won several prices for its innovations. The products are on the market since 2015 and the market share is steadily growing.
SoilCares Foundation was established to give market segments that are not yet economically viable, access to the technology. SoilCares and SoilCares Foundation have an office in Nairobi, Kenya for which we are currently seeking for a team manager. The Kenya office was opened in 2013 and was the first to launch SoilCares services to the market. SoilCares in now developing from a start-up into a commercial company, where SoilCares aims at the commercial market segments and SoilCares Foundation at the non-commercial market segments. In practice, the two teams closely cooperate.
SoilCares is looking for a Team Manager with agricultural background to be based in Kenya
The team manager gives daily guidance to our Kenyan team consisting of sales, marketing, training and support staff. The team manager has a clear view on agricultural development and agri-business and understands agricultural production systems, including soil science and (basic) soil chemical laboratory procedures. He or she is able to explain the concepts of spectral soil analysis and soil fertility management in a clear and convincing manner.
The team manager is directed by the Africa Sales Director and by the Director of SoilCares Foundation, who are both based in The Netherlands and visit the office monthly. The team manager motivates, inspires and unites the team of experts and is in close contact with the SoilCares office in The Netherlands.
Are you a team manager with a background in soil science or agronomy, with interest in new mobile technology and a passion for improving productivity on small and large scale farms? Can you be an inspiring presenter and can you explain these solutions in a way to convince clients and stakeholders? Then this is the job for you!
- Execute the implementation strategies of SoilCares and SoilCares Foundation
- Daily management of SoilCares and SoilCares Foundation Kenya team (approximately 15 fte’s)
- Maintain and expand our network of stakeholders and customers in East-Africa
- Monthly progress and financial reporting to the SoilCares office in The Netherlands
- Be a liaison with the Dutch office and see and translate new opportunities for products in Africa to them;
- Perform job interviews and job performance monitoring, coach the Kenyan team on a daily basis.
- MSc degree in soil science, agribusiness or related science field;
- Proven experience with team management, financial management and HRM;
- Good communicator: someone who connects easily with new clients and is a good liaison for the (international) technical and commercial teams;
- Affinity with IT solutions and high tech innovations;
- Experience with international organisations is an advantage.
- We require the applicant to be fluent in English. French and Swahili or other local African language are considered an advantage.
What can we offer
We will offer you a year contract with SoilCares Kenya Ltd and the package will be based on the Kenyan standards and labour law. Beside a salary we offer fair fringe benefits and enough room to develop yourself on a professional basis by giving you responsible tasks.
If you have questions regarding this position, please feel free to contact Maud Hulshof, HR Manager at email@example.com.
Your application (including cover letter and Curriculum Vitae) should be send before 6 December 2017.