SoilCares Soil Scanner
Instant, on-the-spot data and recommendations to get more out of your soil.
We have created a tool that can be used by every farmer on this planet with no prior experience in soil testing. Light-weighted, durable, beautifully designed and very affordable.
This is all you need
The SoilCares Soil Scanner is delivered in a durable case as a complete set. Download the app on your smartphone and start scanning!
- A charged SoilCares Soil Scanner
- A smartphone with Android 4.3 or higher
- The SoilCares App installed
- A mobile internet connection
Charger and USB Cable are included.
Simple on the outside, high tech inside
The scanner may look very simple from the outside; the technology inside is very sophisticated and ground breaking. The scanner contains a light source, a NIR spectrometer on a chip and an EC-meter. The real game changer is however the combination of the device and the database in the cloud. The scans from the SoilCares scanner are compared with the data in the cloud and crop specific fertiliser recommendations are given via your smartphone.
Frequently asked questions
The scanner works in the area where we have already build our Global Soil Database.This database is ready for the Kenyan market, so that is where we will start with the first scanners in spring 2016.
The selling price of the Scanner is our production price. At SoilCares we make no profit on the sales of the Hardware, only on the connection to our database that produces the report.
For each sample analysed by the SoilCares Scanner you will pay €5 (indicative price) to be provided with a pH, N, P, K, EC and organic matter level and crop specific fertilizer recommendations. This will be calculated on a per sample basis. Any additional features to the original recommendation format will increase the initial fee.
To get the Scanner running you will need
- A charged SoilCares Scanner
- A smartphone android 4.3 or higher
- The SoilCares App
- An internet connection
There are NO additional running costs.
We use the data we receive from your smartphone for the following purposes:
- To ensure that content from our solutions are presented in the most effective manner for you, your computer and mobile device.
- To provide you with information about our products or services.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in competitions and interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- To provide location based services to you.
- To provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you, including goods and services from third parties.
- For analyzing and researching purposes.
The Scanner is a mobile device that provides the level of pH, N, P, K, EC and organic matter in 30 seconds. The Lab-in-a-box provides a complete soil status (Macro and Micro nutrients) in two hours.
To large farmers and service providers we recommend the Scanner for after planting monitoring and the Lab-in-a-box before planting.
To small scale farmers we advise the use of the Scanner both before and after planting.
SoilCares Foundation, every farmer benefits
The SC foundation implements projects where bringing the technology is not enough, and where the impact will be biggest and actually change lives. Making sure small holder farmers in developing countries will also benefit from the SoilCares’ solutions.